Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Competition Equus!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Competition Equus’s Website, located at www.competitionequus.com.
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Competition Equus if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You”, and “Your” refers to you, the person who logged on to this website and is compliant with the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our”, and “Us” refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us” refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of England and Wales. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
When joining Competition Equus, entrants will be required to tick on the website that they have read and accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
The promoter operates all competitions, and the promoter is the official sponsor of each competition unless specified otherwise. Where the product is sourced from a Competition Equus partner, the promoter is authorised by that Competition Equus partner to offer their respective product(s) prizes in the competitions.
How to enter
- Enters agree to be bound by these terms and conditions by submitting an entry. If you do not so agree to be bound, do not purchase LCompetition Equus tickets, and do not submit an entry.
- Players can enter the competition by purchasing the tickets via the website or;
- Users can post their entries to Competition Equus. Please follow the Free postal entry rules and criteria below.
Our Free postal entry is open to any UK resident aged 18 years or over. You should send us an unenclosed handwritten postcard via the post with your personal information so we can identify you stating: Which competition you would like to take part in, along with your details.
All the free entry postcards should meet the following criteria to enter the competition.
Entrants MUST have an active account on our website when the free entries are processed, and all the details on the postcard should match the account on the website.
- Exactly the same title/name as on our competition page
- The correct answer to the skill-based questions displayed in that particular competition
- Full Name (It should be identical to the one on your account on our website)
- Date of Birth (It should be identical to the one on your account on our website)
- Postal Address
- Email (It should be identical to the one on your account on our website)
- Contact Phone Number
Please send postal entries on a postcard with a first-class stamp to: 12 Medway Road, Oldham, Manchester. OL8 4NR.
A postcard is valid only per one entry. Once the postcard is received and meets all the criteria above, we will assign a ticket for you under your account. You should send postcards separately if you wish to enter more competitions or get more tickets (subject to maximum entries per user).
Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be voided as per any paid entry received.
- To validly purchase Competition Equus tickets and validly enter a competition, a visitor must become a registered user by completing all details on the membership form on the website, or signing in.
- The promoter will store and process the entrant’s personal information. The personal information must include details of at least one form of contact and will be used for the following purposes:
- To notify any winner that they have won a prize in a competition;
- To administer the website and conduct the competitions; and
- After a draw, to post the winner and, where applicable, first name, town/county of residence and profile image or other provided photo on the website, and in media communications about the competitions.
- All entrants are solely and entirely responsible for providing the promoter with accurate and current contact details.
- The promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the entrants or otherwise.
- The promoter will not accept:
- Responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- Any other purported proof of entry to the competition other than as recorded by the systems of the website.
- An entry, shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in:
- Any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
- Fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Fraudulent concealment;
- Hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or
- Amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the website.
- Each individual entrant may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in total for any one particular competition, through any combination of entry.
- The entry fee must be paid for each entry. For example, in order to enter 20 (twenty) times to a particular competition, the entrant must pay the entry fee 20 (twenty) times,
- Only valid entries will be entitled to participate in a competition and be eligible to win a prize in a competition.
- All funds deposited into Competition Equus are final and do not represent a withdrawable balance. Refunds shall not be given at any time apart from if:
- The entry was made after the closing date and time of the competition, or
- The promoter had to cancel the competition unexpectedly.
- For further help with Entries, please contact us by using the contact form or email on the website.
- Competitions are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 (eighteen) or over and residing in Great Britain, excluding the promoter and their employees.
- Only registered users are eligible to enter any Competition.
- In entering a competition, all entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize awarded in the relevant competition. The promoter may require any entrant, including any winner to provide evidence that they are and were eligible to enter a particular competition.
- The promoter will not accept and will not refund entries that are:
- Automatically generated by computer;
- Completed by third parties;
- Paid for using a debit/credit card belonging to someone other than the entrant;
- Altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- The promoter reserves all rights to disqualify entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition entered.
- Entries on behalf of another private individual will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the competition, entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at the promoter’s discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has acted in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to close or suspend a registered user’s account (and prevent the individual who created the account from participating in any future competitions under a different e-mail) at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, the promoter shall be entitled to close or suspend a registered user’s account if:
- The promoter considers that the registered user is entering competitions in an excessive manner;
- The registered user has become bankrupt;
- The promoter considers that the registered user has used the website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
- The promoter considers that the registered user has used the website in an unfair manner, has deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of the promoter or any of its other registered users or if the registered user’s account is being used for the benefit of a third party;
- The promoter is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
- The promoter considers that any of the events referred above may have occurred or are likely to occur; or
- The registered user’s account is deemed to be dormant.
- If the promoter closes or suspends the registered user’s account for any of the reasons referred to above, the registered user shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by the promoter arising therefrom and shall indemnify and hold the promoter harmless on demand for the same. In the circumstances referred to above, the promoter will refund any funds in the registered user’s Competition Equus to the registered user. In the same circumstances in the preceding sentence, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that have already been entered into a competition for which the draw has not yet taken place.
- The winner for each competition will be determined and awarded the relevant competition prize(s) so specified on the website in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The draw to determine the winner and, where applicable will be made on the draw date.
- The competition’s end/draw date will be extended if the reserved ticket amount is reached.
- On a competition’s draw date:
- There will be a draw to determine the winner, and the prize shall be awarded to the winner;
- If any winner cannot be contacted by the promoter within 21 (twenty-one) days of being notified of their status as the winner by e-mail and/or telephone outlined in the contact details submitted in their entry, the promoter shall be entitled to award their prize to the entrant next drawn. Any alternate winner shall likewise comply with the above 21 (twenty-one) day contact requirement.
- The promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect.
- In exceptional cases, such as where the promoter is to award a particularly high-value prize or suspects that these terms and conditions have not been adhered to, the winner, and where applicable, may be required to forward personal identification to the promoter to prove their identity, that their entry was made in accordance with these terms and conditions, and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to the winner being awarded any prize in the relevant competition. In the event that the promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a prize to a Winner, The promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved.
- The promoter does not in any way guarantee or give any warranties as to the value of the prize, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to remove a competition from the website at any time, and in the rare event that this occurs, will refund all the entries to that competition to the registered user’s Competition Equus.
Announcement of Winners
- The promoter has the right to announce and publish any of the information outlined in terms and conditions pertaining to any competition’s Winner on the website and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the promoter’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Any winner shall cooperate with and participate in the promoter’s reasonable publicity requests. In the case of failure of the winner to participate in the promoter’s reasonable publicity requests, such as obtaining a picture of the winner with their prize, the promoter reserves the right to retake possession and ownership of the prize, or recover the full cost of the prize.
Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting an entry or in relation to the use and enjoyment of a prize by the winner gained through any competition, except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence or fraud of the promoter, or that of their agents, distributors, or employees. The winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of the promoter to each entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the entry fees paid by that entrant.
- The promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of any prize awarded as part of any of the competitions on the website or the prize value, or any other description or specification or any other part of the website. It is the responsibility of each entrant (and in particular the winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the website.
- The promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by human error or technical faults within the promoter’s technological infrastructure.
- The promoter shall not be a trustee of any entrees received, unless it is subject to a specific contractual agreement with a Competition Equus partner or charity to act as such.
- The promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any competition at any time, either before or after entries have been received. If a competition is cancelled due to the promoter’s actions and specifically not those of the Competition Equus partner or any other entity associated to the competition, the promoter will return the entry fees paid by each entrant to their Competition Equus. Where all the entry fees have been returned, the promoter shall have no further liability to the entrant or to any other person.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel any competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the promoter.
- The promoter reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the website. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These terms and conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any entrant and the promoter.
- All competitions that the promoter promotes, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Note that throughout the Terms and Conditions, plural forms of the capitalised terms are used, and have the same meaning as given below.
Account: means the registered user’s Competition Equus account.
Closing Date: means the date on which a competition closes.
Competition: means any competition operated by the promoter on its website to which these terms and conditions apply, wherein the entrants submit entries via the website for a chance to win prize(s).
Draw: means the random selection of an entry from the class of total entries, that occurs on the relevant competition’s draw date to determine the winner.
Draw Date: means the date at which the draw takes place, which will be the earlier of the closing date of the relevant competition, or the point that the competition is sold out. If the closing date is extended pursuant to specific wording in the description of a competition, the draw date will be extended also, maintaining the same parameters stipulated within this definition.
Entrant: means any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an entry to a competition, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Entry: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the entrant through the website in order to gain an opportunity to win a prize.
Entry Fee: means the entry fee payable as a condition of submitting a valid entry. The fee will be stated clearly for each competition, and may vary between competitions.
Membership/Registration Form: means the form required to be completed, unless a linked social media sign-in is used, in order for a visitor to become a registered user.
Partnered Charity: means one of the charities that can be selected to be sponsored by registered users, to receive donations in accordance with the procedure laid out in term 39.
Prize: refers to the good or service so specified in each competition that a winner of that competition may receive. The prize to be awarded to the winner cannot be substituted for any prize of equivalent value, such as a cash prize, at the request of the winner. The promoter reserves the right to offer a cash alternative to the prize specified in the competition, and to offer a prize of equal or greater value if for some reason the prize is no longer available due to circumstances outside the entrant’s control.
Prize Value: means the description of the value of a prize of a competition.
Product: means a good or service owned by a Competition Equus partner.
Promoter: means Competition Equus, which is the trading name of Competition Equus.
Competition Equus partner: refers to a company or private individual that enters into an agreement with the promoter to provide one or more products.
Competition Equus tickets: means the virtual tickets that registered users purchase in order to enter into a competition.
Competition Equus: means the virtual holder of the Competition Equus(s) that a registered user has purchased.
Registered user: means a visitor that has filled out a membership form, or signed in through one of the linked social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter. Registered users are eligible to make entries to any competition, insofar as they are eligible to do so due to the nature of the competition itself.
Reserve Level: means a certain number of Competition Equus tickets, which may be specified for a competition in the description (but is irrelevant if not specified). If a reserve level is specified and not met by the Competition’s Closing Date, the promoter will, at its sole discretion, either give the prize(s) to the winner, or return all entries to the registered user’s Competition Equus.
Visitor: means any unique visitor that is a natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) to the Competition Equus website.
Website: means https://competitionequus.com/ and all sub-domains attached to this domain.
Winner: means the entrant first selected by the draw on the draw Date, and in accordance with these terms and conditions
Unless otherwise stated, Competition Equus and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Competition Equus. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Competition Equus for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Competition Equus
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Competition Equus
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Competition Equus
- Redistribute content from Competition Equus
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Competition Equus does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Competition Equus, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Competition Equus shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Competition Equus reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Competition Equus a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organisations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organisation does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Competition Equus; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organisations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Competition Equus. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Competition Equus’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.